Sorry, this vacancy is now closed
- Senior Project Engineer
- Vacancy ref
- Based in
- St Johns
- Working hours
- 40 hours per week
- Contract type
- Closing date
- Languages in which you may apply
- Vacancy information
- The engineering department is accountable to the Project Manager for the technical expertise and services required to ensure successful delivery of the project in accordance with the Contract and North Sea, Mediterranean & Canada project portfolio strategy.
A Senior Project Engineer shall work within a technical team to deliver all ‘project' work performed within Subsea7. The term ‘project' work is used to describe studies and tenders as well as live projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engineering and technical delivery of their assigned Project scope in accordance with the requirements of the Acergy Management System.
- Ensuring that their engineering has undergone review by suitably competent people to reduce risk to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP), represents the optimum solution, in full compliance with the customers and internal requirements, is fully integrated, and is produced in a time-scale that is commensurate with the project schedule.
- Ensuring full traceability of the technical development of their assigned scope throughout the life of the project and ensuring that they are working with the most up to date information.
- Ensuring that specifications and scopes of work within their assigned Project scope have been reviewed and agreed by the relevant centres of competence and that all quality issues are captured in the vendor's and project's Quality Control Plan.
- Actively participate in Project HSE processes.
- To be clear of their roles and responsibilities within the project.
- May perform project specific role of Package Engineer ensuring that all the key activities pertaining to the package of work are properly controlled, validated and reviewed throughout the various phases of the project by competent people within the technical department and with other process owners within the Acergy Organisation.
- Regular feedback to the Project Technical Manager / Discipline Manager on utilisation (workload) and requests for additional support.
- Support Discipline Manager with tasks such as GEDS program, marketing etc.
- Ensuring that knowledge management from the disciplines is used effectively in the development of the project.
- Ensuring that lessons learned are collated on a continual basis throughout the duration of the project and distributed to the relevant Discipline Managers.
- Participation with the PMR and EDS processes as applicable.
- Identifying improvements to the engineering process.
- Act as a Mentor for a Graduate Engineer or Coach for a new employee, as requested.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified, in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
Capability profile - Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviour
- Minimum entry level of Project Engineer plus experience and competences to manage a work package within the project.
- Capability to manage individuals within the Project and interface with personnel both internal and external to the project.
- Ability to motivate other members of project team to deliver project commitments.
- Understanding of the principles of Subsea7 project management.
**This vacancy is eligible for Subsea 7 employee referral**
Create your Job Alert profile here