Sorry, this vacancy is now closed
- Assistant Project Manager
- Vacancy ref
- Based in
- St Johns
- Working hours
- 40 hours per week
- Contract type
- Closing date
- Languages in which you may apply
- Vacancy information
POSITION PURPOSE STATEMENT:
We are currently seeking a suitably experienced Assistant Project Manager for our Canada Office. The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and profitable management of projects, including tenders as assigned.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Throughout the project life cycle, the Assistant Project Manager shall be accountable for successful delivery of the project in line with the regional business objectives in terms of profit and loss, safety, quality and client satisfaction.
- The Assistant Project Manager shall ensure compliance with the project management process and along with other project functions identify improvements to the management system to overcome any barriers to the successful delivery of the project.
- The Assistant Project Manager shall implement a risk and opportunity strategy and clearly communicate this to the Projects Director in order that it is aligned with the regional business objectives.
- The Assistant Project Manager shall set project goals and objectives jointly with internal and external stakeholders to complement the regional business objectives.
- The Assistant Project Manager shall develop and lead a high performance team by establishing clear roles and responsibilities, building positive relationships with stakeholders which highlight their impact on the success of the project.
- The Assistant Project Manager in conjunction with the core project team shall secure the necessary resources from the support functions to enable the project to be successfully delivered.
- When assigned to a project team - support the Project Manager through delegated responsibilities.
Qualifications and Education
An appropriate Project Management related qualification is essential.
It is essential the candidate must be confident with managing several different interfaces across the organization and with clients.
Ability to prioritise work under pressure is essential.
Operational experience in Subsea, Marine, Diving, ROV, Survey Operations or other relevant project management experience is an asset.
A sound understanding of the engineering, legal and commercial requirements related to the working environment is essential.
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Some travel required.
Create your Job Alert profile here