Sorry, this vacancy is now closed
- Structural Project Engineer
- Vacancy ref
- Based in
- St Johns
- Working hours
- 40 hours per week
- Contract type
- Closing date
- Languages in which you may apply
- Vacancy information
POSITION PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Subsea 7 currently has requirements for a Structural Engineer to be based at our St Johns Office Newfoundland.
Key Attributes required for this position are:
- Experience in structural engineering and analysis
- Experience of working in a structural engineering team
- Working towards Professional Engineer status
- A positive attitude to developing engineering experience across diverse engineering projects within the Subsea7 global organisation
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide structural stability and integrity calculations for steel frame structures, tie ins, risers and umbilicals with regard to in-service, installation and transportation load conditions.
- Structural design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DNV, AISC, CSA); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, design specifications, material take-offs, weight control calculations, etc.
- Provide input to, check and approve structural fabrication drawings
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provide structural engineering assistance during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site working.
- Provide structural engineering support to Business Acquisition and FEED study execution.
- Assist with mentoring Graduate Engineers.
- Ensure all relevant health, safety and environmental and safety objectives and legal requirements are met
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
Qualifications and Education
Ability to articulate learning and training experiences is desirable.
Specified Qualifications for position:
Degree in relevant engineering discipline is essential.
Continuing Professional Development:
Working towards professional registration is desirable.
Technical (including IT):
Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget is essential.
Good communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
Ability to function within a team and across multiple projects is desirable.
Demonstrate ability to work within time/budget constraints is essential.
Some experience in a similar role desirable
Specific Job Related Requirements
St Johns Newfoundland, Canada
Create your Job Alert profile here