DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Lead SCM Specialist is responsible for the operational implementation of one or more elements of the SCM strategy to their defined business area. They will be responsible for developing and implementing their own, local plans and ongoing improvements to support the global SCM aims and to contribute to a highly efficient, cost driven Supply Chain function.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices. All personnel are expected to provide leadership in code of Ethics and compliance with FCPA and Bribery and Corruption Acts.
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities
· Ensure compliance with all Supply Chain policies, process and procedures
· Proactively contribute to the company's definition of SCM strategies and goals and the achievement of these
· Ensure highly effective implementation of the sourcing strategy for the assigned business area via business partnering initiatives, knowledge and expertise
· Manage the process relevant to the specific role, including the support of internal clients.
· Ensure SCM capitalises from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
· Contribute the selection, management and monitoring of Vendors
· Assist and coordinate the implementation of the Project Procurement Plan, together with Project Management, Engineering (and/or others as appropriate and applicable)
· Assist with the implementation and conduct of the operational elements of the Supply Chain strategy and support the local SCM specific activities
· Support the development of the local Supply Chain Function through guidance and coaching to more junior members of the team.
· In some locations role holders may be required to formally supervise other staff and this entails ensuring roles & responsibilities are clearly understood, performance objectives are set and regularly reviewed and continuing professional training is encouraged and supported.
· Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
· Operate according to Subsea 7's Management Principles
· Support standards and procedures for the Supply Chain Function
· Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or qualified by experience
· Appropriate experience in a one or more of the Supply Chain areas of expertise, most recently in an expert capacity.
· Ability to coach and guide more junior colleagues