DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Hydraulic / Mechanical Technician Level I is responsible for repairing and maintaining equipment, as allocated, to a high quality, safe standard.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities
· Ensure compliance with all relevant policies, process and procedures
· Will comply with the Company HSEQ policies and standards
· Working under general supervision, repairs equipment and performs maintenance work as instructed
· Displays an elementary knowledge of the Subsea 7 Business Management System and how to find relevant process maps or procedures through their immediate supervisor
· Performs routine testing/analyzing using defined and well document/proven procedures and methods
· Ensures equipment is fit for purpose and is tested in accordance with relevant standards and procedures
· Support to worksites, onshore and offshore. (May be required to travel offsite to lend support)
· Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
· Operate according to Subsea 7's Management Principles
· Support standards and procedures for the Operations Function
· For level of authority see 'Expenditure and Authorisation Specification'
· A nationally recognised apprenticeship qualification or similar trade qualification in mechanical / hydraulic engineering
· A mechanical / hydraulic academic qualification (e.g.to NC, HNC or HND or equivalent level)
· Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level as a hydraulic / mechanical associate technician